Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Urban Dare Update

We got the results emailed to us yesterday.  The stats are in!  Not so great results, but hey, we had a good time!

There were a total of 107 teams that competed.  The winning team came in with a time of 1:04:19.  Our official time (including the penalty) placed us with a time of 2:01:47 and in 54th place.  That is about what we expected, right in the middle of the pack.  The majority of the teams finished within 3 hours with the longest being short of 5 hours and it looks like they capped the time at 5 hours or the teams dropped out and there were 4 of those.  Doing some quick calculations, the average finish time for the race was 2:13:06.

I think Billie and I were a bit disappointed seeing all the other teams before us, but we saw where we had mistakes.  I also believe that many of the teams had competed in this last year, so they knew what to expect.  The last thing was that we saw quite a few teams working together throughout the race which would yield a significant advantage.

Regardless of how we placed, I am happy we did it and completed it in a fairly good time.  I look forward to doing more of these in the future!

No comments: