Monday, March 5, 2012

Week 9 Update...

I know, I am late!  This past week has been crazy busy, so I am just now getting around to my update after completing week 9 of P90X.  I will start off by saying that I am not very pleased with my results this week, but I will get to those later.

Why am I not pleased?  Well, it looks like I am going in the wrong direction.  I am trying to not get discouraged, but it is hard.  I know that everybody will have a week that won't produce good results, but quite frankly, it stinks!  What else caused this?  Lots of things really.  Honestly, after the week I had, I kind of expected it.

To start, last week was crazy busy and I was not able to stick to my routine/schedule.  I had some after work commitments on Wednesday and Thursday of last week.  Which meant I pretty much went straight from work to where I needed to be.  Which also meant that I had to eat some not so good convenient stuff (think fast food).  It also meant that I got home later than usual.  I am usually in bed by 9:30 or 10 at the latest.  Wednesday night I didn't get to bed until around 11pm or so.  I still forced myself to get up at 4:30am and worked out.  The next night, was a repeat, except even later.  The alarm went off and I. just. couldn't. do. it.  So I skipped!  Bad Jonathan!  But let's face it, sleep and energy at work are important.  Then Friday, I got out of work early due to impending bad weather (tornadoes).  It also meant that I was stuck in the basement for quite a while.  We also had some friends over, it was fun.  But it ended up with me eating pizza (tastes so good, but so bad for me).  Other than getting off my schedule and eating bad, I didn't drink enough water.

So, those are my excuses!  Lol.  I hope to recover this week and be back to where I was if not better.  Here are my updated stats for last week:

Weight ------------------------------------------------- 154.0 lbs.
Body Fat % --------------------------------------------- 17.4%
Water % ------------------------------------------------ 60.2%

I gained 2.2 lbs, 0.6% body fat, and lost 0.5% water weight.  Not HUGE setbacks, but in the wrong direction.  Such is life.  Time to get better, get back on schedule and keep it up.

Until next time blogosphere...

No comments: